Monday, August 12, 2013

Put Off, Postpone, Delay.

So I am sitting here waiting for the weather to decide what it is doing.  It looks as if it might rain but then on the other hand it could just stay grey and moody all day.  Great for migraines! 

If it isn't going to rain I want to go for a walk. If it is going to rain, then not so much.  So in the meantime I am PROCRASTINATING.  Oh I am fooling myself into thinking that by writing this entry I am doing something creative, but really I am PROCRASTINATING.

The Merriam Webster dictionary defines procrastinate thusly : to put off intentionally the doing of something that should be done.  Hmmmmm so what if I put off the doing of something that should be done with something else that should be done?  Are you following me?

I could clean the kitchen!  Psht, like that's going to happen.
I could wash the floors!  See above.
I could work in the garden! See opening statement re weather.
I could go play with the foster kittens!  Now that I can get behind.  And they do need attention as I don't think their interaction with humans has been particularly positive.

I can procrastinate about things I really want and like doing.  What's up with that?  I should be working on the two new songs I am writing.  I should be reading plays in search of a new monologue. I should be writing one of the 3 scripts I am creating.

The thing is once I get started I will devote myself completely to the chosen task...........until the next shiny thing pops into my Gemini brain.

What the heck?  Am I lazy, undisciplined, too easily distracted? 

Hahaha I just found the most awesome sentence on the Merriam Webster site while I was searching synonyms for distracted:  < she's been distracted about her son ever since he left on the polar expedition>
You see?  I could easily spend an hour noodling around on a thesaurus site!  And don't let me near youtube.

Nope!  No more screwing around.  I will go for a walk.................maybe.  But I need to eat first.  Ooooo, I wonder what is this week's recipe on my favourite vegan cooking blogs?

Last word goes to David Morrissey ~ "Nothing is my guiltiest pleasure. I love it.  I love doing it. I love planning to do it, I love loafing and pottering and chilling and daydreaming."


No comments: