Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Turning leaves, and fluffy cats.

I am not a fall person.  I know so many people including those near and dear to me who love fall. While I appreciate the beauty of the leaves turning colours and pristine blue skies like today, when the moon is still visible at 11:00 AM ( she must have been at a fiesta ), fall for me just means winter is on the way.

I do not like to hibernate, I get cabin fever.  And I HATE being cold it makes me very grumpy and not much fun to be around.  One of my brothers lives in Lake Placid, holy winter!  Everybody there embraces their environment, they ski, skate, snowshoe, pretty much anything to be out of doors and active.  More power to them.

Before children I used to ski every winter, my family even went on ski vacations, I was pretty good at it.  Now, well it is crazy expensive and at this point having been off the slopes for so long I am afraid I would leave a knee cap on the hill and that, well it just wouldn't be fun.

I am a heat seeking monster!  Heat and hair frizzing humidity?  Bring it!

Enough Susan, enough, it is fall. So as part of my on going effort to be thankful for every thing in my life and deal with exactly what is in front of me.  I decided to make this a creative day.  While I compose this post I am making this!  and later I will make these!  My kitchen smells heavenly and yes there is a theme, I love figs.  While I try to buy local and hate seeing strawberries in store in January !?!?  There is something seductive about a fruit grown in hot, wind swept, sun baked climes.  So I will savour my fig jam and close my eyes and imagine myself in some impossibly white village, surrounded by an endless cerulean horizon; hot, hot oh so hot. 

 Check back with me in January to see if it is still working............ha.
Today's last word~ Johnny Mercer "  The falling leaves drift by the window, the autumn leaves of red and gold. I see your lips, the summer kisses, the sun burned hands I used to hold. "

No comments: